[Tutor] 1,5 hours of Python lecture

Willi Richert mennosimons@gmx.net
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 19:02:49 +0100

Hi,

in one lecture "Scripting languages" I escaped from doing a Perl/Javascript
project as a lecture project in favor of giving the class a lecture in
Python. Hehe...
I want to do some "Perl vs. Python" for about 30 minutes and then present a
project in Python which grows incrementally. I.e. that I start from "Hello
World" and end up in some program that shows the most important
advantages/possibilities in Python. It is not that everybody can program
Python afterwards, but that everybody wants to learn it ;-)
I will not type in front of the class, but copy/paste preprogrammed code
blocks.

I would like to ask you now, which topics I should cover in the online
tutorial?

Some topics I figured out, which should be covered:

Language Basics:
----------------------
OOP,
Functional Programming,