[Tutor] 1,5 hours of Python lecture

Kirby Urner urnerk@qwest.net
Sat, 01 Dec 2001 14:37:53 -0800

At 07:02 PM 12/1/2001 +0100, Willi Richert wrote:

>I want to do some "Perl vs. Python" for about 30 minutes

Does 'Perl vs. Python' really have to be the focus?

In my circles, people who do language war schticks
immediately lose propaganda points -- kinda like
doing 'English vs. Spanish' or 'Hindi vs. Tibetan'.

The more credible approach (in my neck of the woods)
is to simply show Python jumping through hoops, to
please and amaze people, but to not spend a lot of time
on a negative campaign against Perl (or any other
language).

After all, some of the best Python programmers also
use Perl sometimes, and vice versa.

That being said, a few wise cracks are OK.

Kirby