[Tutor] RE: class again

fleet@teachout.org fleet@teachout.org
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 15:45:07 -0500 (EST)

Why can't these blinding flashes of instant knowledge occur *BEFORE* one
hits the send button.  I had simply failed to precede the class name with
the module name.  john = addrbook.AddrBookEntry('John Doe',
'405-555-1212') works just fine.

However, I do have a class question:

Somewhere (in Core Python Programming) I recall seeing something that
implied data in a class was not preserved in lists or dictionaries. I
don't think I understand this.  In the address book example; where would
the information about "john" be stored for later retrieval if not in a
dictionary (or at least a flat file database).?

(I can't seem to find this reference now; but then, I haven't hit the send
key yet!)

				- fleet -