[Tutor] Need more precise digits

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 16:04:41 -0500

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 04:57:49AM -0500, Tim Peters wrote:
| [Kirby Urner]
| > By the way, another application of the generator feature
| > came up for me on another list recently.  I was chatting
| > with a community college prof about continued fractions,
| > which have the standard form:
| Note that the numerators and denominators of the convergents to this are the
| Fibonacci numbers; that is, this:

Interesting stuff here :-).  I've never seen continued fractions
before (SE majors don't need any math beyond Calc 3, Discrete 2,
Prob & Stat 1, and Diff. Eq.).  I've also never seen the Fibonacci
numbers except in CS examples.  This is the first time I've seen them
applied somewhere.

-D

--

Failure is not an option.  It is bundled with the software.