[Tutor] Application Error after end of program

Lee-Shanok, Bruce Bruce.Lee-Shanok@cognos.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:46:49 -0500

Hello all,

	I'm currently running Python (ActiveState 2.1.1, build 212), on
Windows 2000. Now, I've written a program that used to run fine from
beginning to end, and I recently started making use of the random and =
thread
libraries... associated with this is an unusual error. Unusual in the =
sense
that it occurs sometime after the very last line of code (a print
statement).=20

Otherwise it's your generic sort of "The instruction at "<some hex =
address>"
referenced memory at "<some hex address>" the memory could not be =
written.

Going into more detail with a debug gives me the fact that it's an
"Unhandled exception in python (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access =
Violation.
and a bunch of assembly I couldn't read to save my live.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this or where I =
should be
looking? I'm at a complete loss. I even reduced the number of threads =
to 1
in case there was some funny business going on with multiple writes, =
but
nothing of the sort is possible now.

Bruce Lee-Shanok
Access Manager
(613) 738-1338 ext 5764
Cognos, Ottawa=20
[Riverside, 4th Floor, E9]

Ce message peut contenir des informations prot=E9g=E9es et/ou =
confidentielles.
Si vous avez re=E7u ce mail par erreur ou si vous n'en =EAtes pas le
destinataire, il vous est interdit d'utiliser, de copier, de diffuser =
ou de
distribuer les pi=E8ces qui y sont jointes. Supprimez-le et notifiez
imm=E9diatement par e-mail la personne qui vous l'a envoy=E9e. Merci =
d'avance.

This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  =
If you
have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, =
you
may not use, copy, disseminate, or distribute it; do not open any
attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the =
sender by
e-mail promptly that you have done so.  Thank You.