[Tutor] Application Error after end of program

Lee-Shanok, Bruce Bruce.Lee-Shanok@cognos.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:01:35 -0500

>This might be something you want to post on the main comp.lang.python
>newsgroup as well as Tutor.  These kind of errors should not happen in
>Python, so perhaps someone on comp.lang.python might be able to point out
>a service pack fix in NT that corrects this.

Hmm. I don't have access to newsgroups from here, but I'll look into posting
that later. Thanks! :) And I'm actually running 2K with the latest
everything on it.. to the best of my knowledge.

>Agreed; I don't think this has to do with your program, but with some
>system library of the operating system.

Well it's good to be absolved of guilt. :) There is definitely something odd
going on. I gave it a chug through Purify and I guess the failed assertion
below is what causes the untimely death:

[I] Message: Assertion failed: pHead->nBlockUse == nBlockUse

... whatever that means. :) pHead.. I can remember someone in grade school
calling me that once...

For the interested reader, here's the last three errors..:

[E] FIM: Freeing invalid memory in LocalFree {4 occurrences}
        Address 0x00142788 points into a HeapAlloc'd block in unallocated
region of the default heap
        Location of free attempt
            LocalFree      [KERNEL32.dll]
            DeleteSecurityPackageW [SECUR32.dll]
            LsaDeregisterLogonProcess [SECUR32.dll]
            LdrShutdownProcess [ntdll.dll]
            ExitProcess    [KERNEL32.dll]
            ExitProcess    [KERNEL32.dll]
            cexit          [msvcrt.dll]
            SetFilePointer [KERNEL32.dll]
[E] FIM: Freeing invalid memory in LocalFree {4 occurrences}
        Address 0x00145c08 points into a HeapAlloc'd block in unallocated
region of the default heap
        Location of free attempt
            LocalFree      [KERNEL32.dll]
            DeleteSecurityPackageW [SECUR32.dll]
            LsaDeregisterLogonProcess [SECUR32.dll]
            LdrShutdownProcess [ntdll.dll]
            ExitProcess    [KERNEL32.dll]
            ExitProcess    [KERNEL32.dll]
            cexit          [msvcrt.dll]
            SetFilePointer [KERNEL32.dll]
[I] Message: Assertion failed: pHead->nBlockUse == nBlockUse
        Call location
            malloc_dbg     [dbgheap.c:164]
            free_dbg_lk    [dbgheap.c:1084]
            free_dbg       [dbgheap.c:1001]
            free_dbg       [dbgheap.c:993]
            CRT_INIT       [crtdll.c:236]
            DllMainCRTStartup [crtdll.c:289]
            LdrShutdownProcess [ntdll.dll]
            ExitProcess    [KERNEL32.dll]
            ExitProcess    [KERNEL32.dll]
            cexit          [msvcrt.dll]
            SetFilePointer [KERNEL32.dll]
[I] Exiting with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005)
        Process time: 92482 milliseconds
[I] Program terminated at 12/10/2001 22:39:35

Cheers,
Bruce

may not use, copy, disseminate, or distribute it; do not open any
attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender by
e-mail promptly that you have done so.  Thank You.