[Tutor] quick question

Jean Montambeault jrm@videotron.ca
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:12:45 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: <vip333d@yahoo.com>

> dear tutor,
> I started learning python threw the net. I downloaded
> python 2.1.1 . I have one problem: I write my sripts
> on a note-pad (windows 95 standard...). then, I save
> it as *.py. when it finishes the script, it strait
> closes the dialog box, and I cannot see a thing.
> thanks,
> number 637927
>
> vip333d@yahoo.com

    Dear you,

        I never used Notepad for Python, so I can't answer your question.
Anyway don't loose you time : I suggest that you don't use it either. In
"start/programs/Python2.1/IDLE(Python GUI)  you have IDLE, a true
IDE(Integrated Development Environment--if I'm not mistaking). Use that
instead : it has infinitely much more to offer and won't give you much
trouble.
        Read http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/index.html
first a very light intro. Then read the more involved doc on
http://www.python.org : look for IDLE on the left panel. Sorry that I can't
give you a more precise link but the site seem to be down at this moment.

    Jean M.