[Tutor] Re: [Swig] Problems with enviroment variable under W2000 and VC6++

William S Fulton wsf@fultondesigns.co.uk
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 20:35:14 -0000

No no no :) Copying the .swg files around is not correct. Assuming you have
swig 1.3.9, swig.exe is usually put into the root directory of the main
swig-1.3.9 directory,  ie in the same directory as README, INSTALL etc. Set
the SWIG_LIB environment variable to .\Lib. Why don't you use one of the
Visual C++ example files as a basis to what you want to do? Everything is
set up, except as the Windows.html file says to set the PYTHON_INCLUDE and
PYTHON_LIB environment variables.

Cheers
William
----- Original Message -----
From: Marcus Konermann
To: mailto:python-win32@python.org ; swig@cs.uchicago.edu ; tutor@python.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 12:08 AM
Subject: [Swig] Problems with enviroment variable under W2000 and VC6++

Hi @ All !
For now i tried a lot of things to tell SWIG where the lib directory is, but
after controlling by using the command "swig -swiglib"  every time the
output was " /usr/local/lib/swig1.3."
So to solve this problem the only solution for me was to copy the four
fileīs (swig.swg, python.swg, common.swg, swig.exe) manually in the working
directory, but i donīt think that this was the right way. I also tried to
set the PATH to the lib directory under W2000 in the enviroment variables,
but nothing happend.
The second problem for me is to set the right enviroment variable for
python2.1 in the windows 2000 sytem. I tried to use PYTHONPATH,
PYTHON_INCLUDE and PYTHON_LIB (like described in the SWIG manual 1.3.9), but
nothing happend while compiling under VC6++. The Linker only says:
simanneal_wrap.cpp
C:\simanneal_wrap.cpp(179) : fatal error C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht
geoeffnet werden: 'Python.h': No such file or directory
Please, i need help
Greetings
Marcus