[Tutor] Python not being found in the registry?

Quniceleaf Listservs listservb@quinceleaf.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 02:02:13 -0500

I'm using Python 2.2c1 on a Win2K machine.

I've repeatedly tried installing two Python addons from different sources
(XIST and the MySQL-interface) that each use a Windows installer program
based on distutils-1.0.2pre.

Both need to locate the Python installation before proceeding with the
setup, and will not allow the user to browse and specify the location
themselves. Unfortunately, neither can ever find a Python installation, and
thus will not install.

I've tried this repeatedly with Python 2.1, 2.2b, 2.2c1, and with
ActiveState's distribution. In each case the installation is reflected in
the Windows registry, but only the ActiveState install appears in the setup
(and due to instability issues I am sticking with the standard
distribution).

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

- Brian