[Tutor] smtplib

Kirk Bailey deliberatus@my995internet.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 04:02:07 -0500

Quoting from the online manual in the module department, referring to
smtplib, I read:

sendmail(from_addr, to_addrs, msg[, mail_options, rcpt_options])
     Send mail. The required arguments are an RFC 822 from-address
string, a list of RFC 822 to-address strings,
     and a message string. The caller may pass a list of ESMTP options
(such as "8bitmime") to be used in "MAIL
     FROM" commands as mail_options. ESMTP options (such as "DSN"
commands) that should be used with all "RCPT"
     commands can be passed as rcpt_options. (If you need to use
different ESMTP options to different recipients
     you have to use the low-level methods such as mail, rcpt and data
to send the message.)

Well, can I also pass along SUBJECT as a variable, or must I prepend
that to the msg string?

Any smtplib kahunas out there?

--
Respectfully,
             -Kirk D Bailey (C)2001

Within the sweep of his sword, Each man is an Ubar.

http://www.howlermonkey.net/
http://www.sacredelectron.org/