[Tutor] IDLE in linux

Jeff Jones thejoness3@attbi.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 21:07:51 -0500

Well, thanks to the help of many fine python tutor mail list subscribers,
especially Rob for his help off list, I was finally able to properly install
and configure Slackware, X, and Gnome. I thought it fitting that Python be
the first program I compile with my new Linux wings, and everything went
great except I cannot use IDLE. I went into
/usr/local/Python2.2c1/Tools/idle and the idle command is there, but when I
try to run it from bash I get "command not found". I tried to run it in X
and out. I also tried at python command line without success. Thanks in
advance for any assistance. I hope this is within the scope of the e-mail
list...