[Tutor] Unsigned numerical literals?

Lee-Shanok, Bruce Bruce.Lee-Shanok@cognos.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:54:47 -0500

Hello all. Quick question: I'm writing a wrapper for some C calls in Python.
The issue here is that the C code takes an unsigned long. Now, Python
integers are, to the best of my understanding, also 32 bit, but not unsigned
by default. Is there a clean way to force them to be unsigned? I'd hate to
have to force the users of the Python code to write an "L" at the end of
every value they bring in....

Cheers,
Bruce

may not use, copy, disseminate, or distribute it; do not open any
attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender by
e-mail promptly that you have done so.  Thank You.