[Tutor] books

john public apython101@yahoo.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 13:18:25 -0800 (PST)

--0-516737577-1009142305=:1253

I am a newbie programmer learning Python. I live in Eastern Europe and no books on Python are available in English. My goal is to learn to be a competent programmer in Python in a year. I would also like to be familiar with some Jpython and XML by that time. I am going to America in two weeks and will by some books.

 These books and the Internet will be my only teachers.

Most important in my library will be the books that get me from beggining level to knowing something. Any and all comments welcome from Newbie and advanced progammers alike.

I am definitely getting:

Progamming Python by Mark Lutz

Learning Python by       Mark Lutz

Python Pocket reference by Mark Lutz

I am thinking of getting:

Python Essential reference by David Beazley

Python and XML by Christopher Jones

XML processing with Perl,Python, and PHP by Martin Brown

Python pocket reference Mark Lutz

Python standard library by Lundh

 Thanx!!

Send your FREE holiday greetings online at Yahoo! Greetings.
--0-516737577-1009142305=:1253

<P>I am a newbie programmer learning Python. I live in Eastern Europe and no books on Python are available in English. My goal is to learn to be a competent programmer in Python in a year. I would also like to be familiar with some Jpython and XML by that time. I am going to America in two weeks and will by some books.</P>
<P>&nbsp;These books and the Internet will be my only teachers.</P>
<P>Most important in my library will be the books that get me from beggining level to knowing something. Any and all comments welcome from Newbie and advanced progammers alike. </P>
<P>I am definitely getting:</P>
<P>Progamming Python by Mark Lutz</P>
<P>Learning Python by&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mark Lutz</P>
<P>Python Pocket reference by Mark Lutz</P>
<P>I am thinking of getting:</P>
<P>Python Essential reference by David Beazley </P>
<P>Python and XML by Christopher Jones</P>
<P>XML processing with Perl,Python, and PHP by Martin Brown</P>
<P>Python pocket reference Mark Lutz</P>
<P>Python standard library by Lundh</P>
Send your FREE holiday greetings online at <a href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://greetings.yahoo.com/">Yahoo! Greetings</a>.
--0-516737577-1009142305=:1253--