[Tutor] PythonPath Stickiness

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:20:59 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Fred Allen wrote:

> Dear Sirs and Mesdames:
>
> I 've recently gotten a new system, which operates under MS Windows
> 2000 Pro and whereupon I've installed Python 2.2 and a coterie of
> adjuncts. For reasons obscure to me, my PYTHONPATH environmental
> variable seems ignored.

You're probably thinking of the PATH environmental variable, which Windows
uses to search for commands.

You can modify the PATH variable from the Control Panel applet; I don't
have Windows 2000 at the moment, but I did remember seeing something like
"Environmental Variables" somewhere in there.

PYTHONPATH is specific to Python's searching of library modules, not the
execution of console commands.  If you have more questions, please feel
free to ask.