[Tutor] Compiling Python Scripts

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 21:19:47 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Cameron wrote:

> Ah, that had slipped my mind completely. I'd like to know the process
> for compiling my scripts on Windows platforms. Knowing the process on
> Linux would be great as well, but I give priority to Windows as more
> of my friends use it.

See the other reference.

I'm somewhat at a loss as are many regulars in that we do a lot of Unix,
but not Windows. I spend my day time on Linux and night time on MacOS X.

> Also, does anyone know of a free web hosting service that allows you
> to use your own Python CGI scripts, and that also has FTP access? I
> have gone through tons of search engine results and have yet to find a
> satisfying service.

I don't know of a free one; for deirdre.net I use he.net which has a
really excellent value package (imho):
http://www.he.net/spaceservices.html

I've been with them for two years. I've taken a tour of their colo space
and it's *quite* impressive.

No affiliation, yada yada yada, just been there > 2 years and happy. I
mean, how many places give you crontab access?

_Deirdre