[Tutor] Raiobutton question

Harry Kattz gibbs05@flash.net
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 04:59:21 -0600

Greetings Glen & All,

Since I'm awake and struggling to learn Tkinter also, I've decided to jump
in.

I tried your code in PythonWin and the value of x is indeed being set by the
radiobutton.

The values stored in the TK variables can be retrieved using their 'get'
method, so the following modification to the die function should fix your
output.

def die(x)
    print 'dead'
    print x.get()

I think you can find this in the top paragraph on page 152 of 'Python and
Tkinter Programming' by Grayson.

Your code set the radiobutton's default just fine when I tried it, so I
can't help you with that one. ;-)

Good luck
Harry