[Tutor] Python copyright question?

folklore hopeful pythoperson@yahoo.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:02:43 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone,

I have made quite a few handy python/tkinter programs
that the professors at my college would like to
distribute to students in their classes.   Since
downloading and installing python is a lot to ask of
all the students, and since not all the students would
have home computers, we are trying to come up with an
alternate solution.  So far, we were thinking of
distributing a cd-rom with python installed on it and
the scripts for the programs I have written.  This
way, students could use them either on their home
computers OR on the college's comptuers (which don't
take kindly to installations but will run CD-ROMs).
Would this sort of copying be legal?

Thanks,

- pythoperson