[Tutor] Serial Port Access - Help!!

Dan Howard dhhoward@hotmail.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:10:37 -0500

I've been quite excited about the power and ease of use of Pthon and have
been continuing my learning...
However I have a need to access a serial port ( I'm an avid Ham Radio nut
and would like to control my various radios using a Python set of routines).
I have found this to be a challenge that seems out of what I thought was a
design philosophy of Python - ie ease of learning and use.
I have yet to successfully get access to the serial port.
I've tried to use various 'downloads' referenced in the Python  books - but
no doubt due to my noice skills - I have not been successful in getting any
of them to work.  I'm trying this from a Windows 98 system.

I sure would welcome some advice as to an easy approach to using a serial
port

Thanks
Dan ( VA3MA)