[Tutor] request for suggestions

Dinakar Desai Desai.Dinakar@mayo.edu
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:52:26 -0600

--------------34D2505EB73EBCDD3753B88B

Hello:

I am trying to learn python from scratch. I have been following this
mailing for sometime. I have learnt a lot from this group. I have been
reading about Tkinter and PyGTK+ and other GUI interface development
tools available for python. I use linux platform to learn python and
like to get my feet wet with GUI development.

I come from powerbuilder and c++ background(i have not used C++ for GUI
development and not familiar with MFC class libraries). I would
appreciate, if you could suggest whether I should start learning Tkinter
or PyGTK+ or some other GUI tools.

I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you.

Dinakar