[Tutor] Python Usage Question

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:52:10 -0000

> While I'm glad learning Python helped you,
> I tremble at the thought of using Python as
> a ramp for Java.
> But as someone who is
> (understatement) Not A Fan of Java, well....

Heh! I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Java.

<RANT>
I just don't see the point of it - it needs almost as
much work as C++, runs much slower and is full of
horrible inconsistencies and (IMHO) plain bad design.
For browser applets its a reasonable solution as a
platform but for Server work and as a language it
just seems weird the hype that's been built up.
The more I use Java the less I like it! Its the
first "class based" language I've ever seen and
confirms my belief that objects beat classes
every time!
</RANT>

Alan g.