[Tutor] File uploads perr HTTP

D-Man dsh8290@rit.edu
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:32:58 -0500

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 08:19:07AM -0500, Sharriff Aina wrote:
| Hi there!
|
| can someone point me to a URL where I can RTFM "file uploads per HTTP in
| Python" for dummies? I would be extremly nice if  someone posted a snippet
| to the list, that would give me a push in the right direction.

I don't think this is generally possible/(easily) feasible.  AFAIK
HTTP is intended for recieving.  I know that Hotmail allows this for
putting attachments in e-mail, so a work-around exists.  I think you
would need to have a form that causes a script on the server to run.
That script would have to be able to read from the local disk (on the
client) and then write to the disk on the server.  I'm not sure how to
get the file from the client's disk though.  Perhaps the data could be
included in the form submission?

If you can get FTP or rsync access to the server it would be easier.

-D