[Tutor] Trapping Interpreter errors as a string

Tim Johnson tim@johnsons-web.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:58:42 -0900

Hi Danny:

> It sounds like you might want to use exception handling: Exception
> handling often takes the place of error codes in Python programming.
I was familar with exeception handling in rebol and C++ when I posted that
question. What I was looking for was the broadest possible "net",
the reason for asking about an error code, was that, if such existed,
I could modify the error messages.

The reason for this is that I want to set up a "desktop cgi" process for
students to test code, instead of directly from the command line.

Python-newbie-old-coder-learning-python-while-designing-
online-course-for-high-schoolers
Thanks
--
Tim Johnson