[Tutor] Re:Where to find example source codes.

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 11:32:57 -0000

>   bigger help for me than the very technical and
>   indirect official java-tutorial. a single
>   question which is answered with a few lines of
>   example code and a short explanation is better than
>   a whole technically chapter in a bloated book :)

That depends on whether you just want to solve the
immediate problem or to understand how to solve similar
problems in the general case.

Code snippets are great for the former but lousy at
the latter.

OTOH I have to confess that I haven't yet found a good
book on Java - I'm just started Bruce Eckels "Thinking
in Java" and it looks promising....

Alan g