[Tutor] setting object to None doesn't kill Word

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 15:24:21 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Mallett, Roger wrote:

> Per D-Man's recommendation, in an attempt to get information about win32 and
> Python, I combed the tutor archives for all messages that concerned COM and
> come up with only a couple, none of which gave any hint to the problem I'm
> looking at.
>
> Question:  Where is the best place to ask questions about Python for win32?
> Does Mark Hammond answer such question directly, or should I post to another
> Python list?...

Hmmm... you might want to talk to the usenet newsgroup: comp.lang.python.
It has a large (overwhelming) following of Python programmers, and I'm
sure there's someone out there with COM experience.

You might also check with your bookstore for "Python Programming on Win32"
by Mark Hammond and Andy Robinson.  Since Mark Hammond is a coauthor, it's
certainly authoritative.  *grin* I haven't read it yet, but I've heard
it's an essential reference if you're going to do COM stuff.

Good luck to you!