[Tutor] Web programming not using zope

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 03:36:04 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, David Metzler wrote:

> One of the programmers I work with uses PHP4 and apache a great deal.
> I'm interested in using Python especially the apache py module. I have
> not been able to find any tutorials or sample code that demonstrates
> this environment. What are the advantages and disadvantages to using
> Python as a PHP replacement? Is their any docs for this?

You may want to ask this on comp.lang.python instead.  Most of us here
probably haven't worked with PHP.  From what I've heard, PHP is supposed
to be great for web development, and I'm sure that certain web-based tasks
are easier to do with PHP than Python.  Since your programmer uses PHP
already, it might be to your advantage to stick with PHP.

You might want to look at devshed.com's articles on PHP:

    http://devshed.com/Server_Side/PHP/

Devshed has a LOT of PHP tutorials, and I think you'll like their
presentation style.  Devshed also has some stuff on Python web
programming:

    http://devshed.com/Server_Side/Python/

but you'll probably want to look at the Python CGI topic guide for more
depth.

    http://python.org/topics/web/

I hope these resources help you find an ideal solution.  Good luck!