[Tutor] How to print out multiple lines

Sheila King sheila@thinkspot.net
Sun, 07 Jan 2001 13:05:55 -0800

OK, I've been to python.org, I've gone through Guido's tutorial, I've looked
at a few modules.

I've even been able to sort of send mails through a SMTP server and retrieve
articles off of an NNTP server. So I have *some* clue.

But apparently not enough.

How can I get an interactive Python session to read in something like this:

------------------------------
Hello.
How are you?
I'm fine.
Thanks for asking.

So that the newline characters are preserved, and when I print them out, they
are printed to the screen?

When I retrieved the news articles off the NNTP server, for instance, the
message body was just one big long string, with some numeric code for the
newlines. It was just a mess to read.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/