[Tutor] strange recursion result

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 17:46:17 -0000

> only wish now is that I could use python like I use
> PHP, on a web page inside tags like <? ?> (ie. non-cgi).

You want PSP - Python Server Pages.
Modelled on Microsoft's ASP (or Suns JSP) but
using a slightly different delimiter. There was an
article on them on Dr Dobbs Journal a year or so
back - try searching their site?

Also on Windoze you can use vanilla ASP via the
win32all package and its Active Scripting support.
But I don't know of any documentation and the
Python indentation restrictions can cause some
problems apparently when mixing code and HTML text.

Finally you should look at Zope which is a much
bigger solution - a full web development environment
built around Python. The documentation for this is
quite fulsome which is just as well since the mode
of operation is quite different to PHP etc..

Alan g.