[Tutor] 1.5.2 vs 2.0

R. A. rob@jam.rr.com
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 18:06:12 -0600

What to watch for depends in part on where you keep your modules.  If
you have been keeping them in the same directory as your Python 1.5.2
install, you might consider setting aside a folder just for such
scripts.  Then make sure you have the path to that directory in your
autoexec file.  That way, any time you upgrade, you shouldn't have to
worry about that problem.

You might want to uninstall 1.5.2 before installing 2.0 just to make
sure any other surprises don't find you, by the way.

I haven't noticed anything about 2.0 that should cause struggle.  The
scripts you wrote for 1.5.2 should all run just fine, and 2.0 adds a few
niceties to boot.

Got any nice useless scripts to contribute to the Useless Python
Project, btw? ;-)

Rob Andrews