[Tutor] Re: Help with Python install

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 21:39:48 -0800 (PST)

> I've been given a clue from the Sysadmin: I've installed Python in the
> wrong directory. The mail program doesn't have permission to access my
> $HOME directory, and I've installed Python2.0 in a subdirectory of
> HOME. So, I need to uninstall it, and then reinstall it into a
> directory that the mail program has access to.
>
> What is the recommended uninstall procedure? I'm tempted to simply
> delete the entire Python-2.0 folder, but don't want to get myself in
> trouble...

Actually, just deleting the folder should be ok.  Make sure you're not
wiping out anything else besides Python though.

A safer thing to do it just rename the folders to something unique, like
"python-backup" or something like that, just to make sure that you can
recover if anything wacky happens.

Good luck!