[Tutor] Questions about stdin, stdout, lists and tuples

Sheila King sheila@thinkspot.net
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 20:31:23 -0800

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:24:28 -0500, D-Man <dsh8290@rit.edu>  wrote about Re:
[Tutor] Questions about stdin, stdout, lists and tuples:

:On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 01:40:16PM -0800, Sheila King wrote:
:[snip]
:| Yes, I can't really figure out how to use procmail on my webhost, and believe
:| me, I've tried. My web host is fantastic, but uses a proprietary mail system,
:| and no one has yet figured out how to use procmail, although it is installed.
:
:If it is a Unix box, and if it follows conventions (standards?) you
:could put "| /usr/bin/procmail" in a file called '.forward' in your
:home directory.  Otherwise enjoy working with python instead ;-).

I never replied to this, but my host does not follow conventions/standards.
They have a proprietary mail system that uses Qmail which then hands off the
mail to VManager to deliver to the popboxes. Many have tried to figure out how
to use procmail on the system (supposedly installed), but no one, to my
knowledge, has succeeded.

So, I'm having fun using Python, instead...

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/