[Tutor] Two questions on MS-DOS

D-Man dsh8290@rit.edu
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:58:10 -0500

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 09:59:56PM +0100, Fabrizio wrote:
| Hi, everybody.
|
| Python 2.0 on Windows 98.
|
| Two questions:
|
| 1 - How can I keep my DOS shell from closing automatically upon the end of a
| Python scipt ? (It does not give time to read the parser exceptions and
| errors messages !)

I suppose you are double-clicking on a .py file?  Set up the
association to use 'cmd.exe /k'.  (Ex on a particular NT4 system I
use:

c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe /k d:\dman\apps\python20\python.exe %1

as the associated command)

The /k option tells cmd.exe to remain open (gives you the DOS prompt)
once the command that follows the option terminates.

I seem to recall the following, but can't duplicate it on this NT
system now:
	before the app closes the DOS window, right click on the title bar
	select Properties
	in the 'Properties' there is a checkbox option to close the
		window automatically when the app terminates

| 2 - How can I keep the DOS shell from opening up upon the start of a Python
| script ? (I need this when using TKInter, and I do not want to see the DOS
| window under TKInter's).

already been answered

| Thanks in advance.
|

| Fabrizio