[Tutor] Python 2

Michael P. Reilly arcege@shore.net
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:16:22 -0500 (EST)

> Hello Pythoners
>
> I have just successfully compiled Python 2. I did have a broken link to my
> realine library, but that issue has been resolved now. My question is, can
> I install Python 2 while still reatining Python 1.5 ? And if this is
> possible, how do I go about this ?

It is certainly possible, you installed with "make altinstall" instead
of the usual "make install".  This will keep the program "python" as
Python 1.5.x and create a new program called "python2.0".

If you read a few paragraphs down from the top of the Makefile, it is
explained for you.  It is good to read this first before you proceed.

  -Arcege

| Michael P. Reilly, Release Manager  | Email: arcege@shore.net        |
| Salem, Mass. USA  01970             |                                |