[Tutor] Basic freeze question

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:06:03 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Pythoperson wrote:

> I am just starting with python and TK and I am enjoying it.  I have a
> nifty little TK program going and I am trying to freeze it.  However,
> I get a screen-full of error messages!  Are there any extensive help
> files or tutorials about freeze?  If I cannot make an executable, then
> python is fairly useless to me, no matter the fun I am having.

It might have to do with the Tk stuff --- I'm not sure if Freeze knows how
to freeze graphical programs.  However, Gordon McMillian's "Installer"
program does:

    http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install1.html

This one appears to have some more documentation (even a FAQ!), so it
should be easier to use.

Good luck!