[Tutor] Attempt to download web page failed due to use of Frames

Mallett, Roger rmallett@rational.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:23:37 -0800

Using Python, I attempted to download a web page that contains frames.  I
received a message from the web site that my browser (which in this case, is
the Python script below)  doesn't support frames.  What can I do to get all
of the information that would normally display in my I.E. browser when
frames are involved?

Script Used:

>>> import urllib
>>> f=urllib.urlopen('http://www.transitionstrading.com/Quotespage.htm')
>>> x=f.read()
>>> x

The value of "x" included the following:

...<noframes>\015\012  <body>\015\012
them.</p>\015\012

I greatly appreciate any assistance that you can provide,

Roger Mallett