[Tutor] 1.52 vs 2.1. Problems?

steve@purestfeeling.net steve@purestfeeling.net
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 22:30:25 -0600 (MDT)

Greetings friends.

My name's Steve and I'm a pythonaholic. At least a wannabe Pythonaholic
anyway:)

Okay, here's the deal. I'm trying to learn Python. I have 2.1 on my main
machine, but on my laptop I only have 1.52 because I can't fit the source
for 2.1 on there and compile it due to hard drive space and not being able
to find a suitable Debian package for Slink.

Anyway, my question is this. I do a lot of playing on the laptop. Am I
going to encounter anything major by learning with 1.52 on the laptop then
trying to use 2.1? Just want to know if anything fundamental is different
since all the docs I have are for 1.52, and I don't want to spend my time
learning stuff that is obsolete now. If I'm going to fail to learn, I at
least want to fail to learn something current:) (Have a great degree of
trouble getting programming languages to stay in my head.)

Hope that all makes sense. It's been a long day.

Thanks

--
Steve - Editor - www.formulaoneupdate.com