[Tutor] file I/O

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:58:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Massey, Craig wrote:

> Well there you go, thanks. I did a workaround which got there, but I
> was looking for something neater like this. I'd love to know how
> people find out about these things as I spent a lot of time looking
> for it. The help with Activestate is either babyish(Tutorial) or very
> specific (Language Reference) and I have trouble finding out how to do
> things.

Well, if you have any questions on certain topics, feel free to ask them
here.  If there's some part of Python that doesn't seem well documented,
we can help patch it up... *grin*

By the way, it sounds like you may be doing some string manipulation
stuff.  If so, take a look here:

    http://python.org/doc/lib/strings.html

It gives more specific information on string manipulation.  For example,
you can find information on strip() and its variants here:

    http://python.org/doc/lib/module-string.html#l2h-645