[Tutor] Python CGI

Rob Andrews rob@jam.rr.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:00:09 -0500

I've been working on my Python CGI (thanks graciously to Wesley J. Chun for
*Core Python Programming* and to Mark Lutz for *Programming Python, 2nd
ed.*) and just remembered to post it in a presentable form to Useless to see
if it sparked anyone else's interest.

I've got a web version of zippy.py in development, but figured I'd post the
Useless Comment System first. Here's the link, which is half-way finished by
my estimation, not counting the tweaking that comes after it works.

http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/ucs1.html

I'd like to make it a simple way to post comments to code authors privately,
as well as a bulletin board of sorts, where Python groups, companies,
individuals, etc. can be heard.

Which quickly leads to the necessity of administration, allowing certain
Super Useless Users the ability to log in to a web interface and log in to
make sure the site remains fit for family consumption.

Anyway, if anyone else has any web-based material they'd like to demo for
discussion on the site, just let me know. I'd like to get a healthy
collection of little examples up for people to grok.

Useless Peace,
Rob

"Perl is worse than Python because people wanted it worse." Larry Wall
(Creator of Perl), 14 Oct 1998
Useless Python: http://www.lowerstandard.com/python/