[Tutor] Re: Tutor digest, Vol 1 #974 - 16 msgs

Charlie Clark Charlie Clark <charlie@begeistert.org>
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:07:44 +0200

>Not to start an editor war, but FYI (g)vim has options so that you can
>have the indent level you want and spaces are inserted instead of
>tabs.  You get all the editing convenience of tabs but spaces are
>stored in the file instead.  I'm sure emacs and others have similar
>capabilities.

I know, I know but I just don't have the heritage. I used to have to write e-
mails in vi (without any handbooks or tuition) once and hated it. vi does
exist for the BeOS but I need a GUI and the X-Windows implementation is very
poor. Pe is a bit more like emacs so I can probably switch it.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20