[Tutor] Blackadder by the Kompany

Patrick Kirk pkirk@enterprise-hr.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:41:19 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C11480.FDFA4010

Hi dman,

Now that I know what IANAL means, I have read the license and its not bad.

The restrictions are as follows:
- The "Personal Edition" is for home use only.  It may not be used by
or within any organization.
- A single copy of "BlackAdder" may be used on only one system at
a time.

So if it turns out I can program, and I set up a company and hire an office,
on top of all the lawyers costs for leases, rent, rates, etc. (Minimum costs
£10,000) I've got to find £200 to pay for a business version of Blackadder.

But logically, by that time I would already have made at least £10,000 from
using BA or else I woudln't bother.

I prefer the GPL but as non-free licenses go this isn't too oppressive.

Patrick

------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C11480.FDFA4010

THE BLACKADDER LICENSE

Copyright (c) 2001 theKompany.com

Scope

This license covers all Beta versions of all editions of "BlackAdder"
on all supported platforms.  This includes executable programs,
libraries, examples and documentation.  "BlackAdder" has three
editions: the "Demonstration Version", the "Personal Edition", and the
"Business Edition".

The eGenix.com mx Extensions for Python are covered by a separate license.

Granted Rights

1. You are granted the non-exclusive rights set forth in this license
provided you agree to and comply with any and all conditions in this
license.

2. The copy of Qt GUI toolkit included with "BlackAdder" may not
be used for any other purpose.

3. You may copy and distribute the "Demonstration Version" in
unmodified form provided that the entire package, including - but not
restricted to - copyright, trademark notices and disclaimers, is
distributed.

4. The "Personal Edition" is for home use only.  It may not be used by
or within any organization.

5. A single copy of "BlackAdder" may be used on only one system at
a time.

Limitations of Liability

In no event shall theKompany.com or any copyright holder be liable
for any damages whatsoever, including - but not restricted to - lost
revenue or profits or other direct, indirect, special, incidental or
consequential damages, even if they have been advised of the
possibility of such damages, except to the extent invariable law, if
any, provides otherwise.

No Warranty

"BlackAdder" and this license document are provided AS IS with NO
WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF DESIGN,
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C11480.FDFA4010--