[Tutor] Ok - here're some resources

Stephen L Arnold sarnold@earthling.net
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 13:18:24 -0700

On 2 Jun 01, at 14:57, Ricky Parks wrote:

> Ok, I am going to stick with it, I will say this agian I am a
> beginer an know nothing about programming, so half the stuff that
> is sent I will not undersand! Thank you.

If you're really starting from scratch, then Python is definitely
the language to start with (then later you could check out Ada :)
Try the Non-Programmers Tutorial For Python:

http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/easytut.html

How to think like a computer scientist:

http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/

Learning to program:

http://www.crosswinds.net/~agauld/

(this guy is also on the Tutor list)

There's also the regular Python Tutorial:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html

A Python Short Course:

http://www.wag.caltech.edu/home/rpm/python_course/

The What, Why, Who, and Where of Python:

http://www.networkcomputing.com/unixworld/tutorial/005/005.html

Programming Resources:

http://www.cyberramp.net/~fdavid/programming.html

and last but not least, John English's Brighton University Resource
Kit for Students of computer science (BURKS - its's both a website
and a set of inexpensive CD-ROMs).  Highly recommended:

http://burks.brighton.ac.uk/

That ought to keep you busy for a while ;-)

Steve

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.
Kind of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use