[Tutor] Prompt

Stephen L Arnold sarnold@earthling.net
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 15:25:37 -0700

On 2 Jun 01, at 16:50, Ricky Parks wrote:

> Thank you all for the suport. My bigest problem right now is
> getiing the software to run. I downloaded python 2.0 Windows
> Installer from the python.org web site. I am still having a
> problem  with the prompt screen closing too fast I can even read
> what is says!

Are you calling a script from the Start|Run menu, from a DOS box,
or IDLE?  I'm not sure I can visualize what you're doing.  If the
pythonwin interface is dying right away, then there's a problem.
You might have a corrupted installation, dll problems, etc.  You
could try the old un-installing/re-installing trick...

You might want to try the ActiveState Python distribution for
win32.  Check out:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePython/

for nice windoze installers for both Python 2.0 and 2.1 (and their
Komodo IDE is pretty cool, but it needs some horsepower to run
well).

Steve

Steve Arnold  CLE (Certifiable Linux Evangelist)

http://arnolds.dhs.org