[Tutor] Newbie Project

Martin Stevens budgester@budgester.com
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 00:18:03 +0100

Hi all,

Okay I've had an idea and they are fairly rare !

A little while ago I was writing a python program
to update my diary entries on my website.

I'd got it 95% complete when my hard drive went down
and me with no backups (D'oh).

Whilst working on this project I learnt a bit about
python and found it quite a good project to learn on.

So when a few of the people on the list said they are new
to programming I thought about this project.

Now comes the idea, what i have done is put a bit of psuedo
code on my website that people learning python can contribute
to without getting overwhelmed by masses of code.

So anybody (even if you've just started) should be able to
contribute, but what I don't want to happen is the really good
people just pick it up and complete it in 2 hours :-) so how about
the Guru people adding to the Ideas section or adding a bit more
pseudo code to it so there are extra little challenges ?

Hopefully I'm not wasting peoples time with this. let me know
what you think.

Thanks

Martin Stevens.

BTW here's the URL http://www.budgester.com/diaryupdate.htm