[Tutor] new to python...

sean schroeder python_newbei@hotmail.com
Sun, 03 Jun 2001 03:47:25 -0000

Hello,

I am a heavy Perl programmer and very interested in learning how to use
Python - mainly for the following type of tasks:
		- cgi scripting
		- databases  access (mysql, oracle, postgress)
		- Reading and writing to files.

I have begun using Perl's OOP functionality, but believe that Python is
better suited for the UML and OOPD methodologies that I have embarked on.

Last Note:  is there a Python compiler avaialable  for either Linux or NT?

So, with the above information in mind. I am looking for a resource that
will help me easily make the transition.  More specifically I am looking for
a PDF or book that basically shows/explains how to mvoe from Perl to Python
as painlessly as possible.

thanks
Sean Schroeder