[lonetwin@yahoo.com: Re: [Tutor] Uncallable class methods?]

Remco Gerlich scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:30:57 +0200

Steve accidentally mailed his reply only to me.

----- Forwarded message from steve <lonetwin@yahoo.com> -----

From: steve <lonetwin@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:54:55 +0530
To: Remco Gerlich <scarblac@pino.selwerd.nl>
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Uncallable class methods?

Hey there,

> On  0, steve <lonetwin@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >  Well, here's how I see it as...I think it's a pretty good thing that
> > python complains when U try to use an "unbound" function, but does not
> > when u define it .....'cos by doing that I can ensure that these
> > functions are to be used "only" within the class itself.

 There ^^^^^^^^, all that was me trying to be a smart-ass, I'm sorry....tho'
what I actually was trying to say was :

<snip>
...kinda like a "private" function....if u
really do require to use something that u defined for the class but did not
mean an object of the class to use it, well define it outside the class
</snip>

like in.....within the same module/file.

I messed up, I'm sorry (guess my fundas are still weak)....thanx Remco for
correcting me ....(by doing that U made sure I "always" remembered that :) )

Peace
Steve

|||||||||#####||||||||
||||||||#######|||||||
||||||||# O O #|||||||
||||||||#\ ~ /#|||||||
||||||##||\_/||##|||||
|||||#||||||||||##||||
||||#||||||||||||##|||
Hello.  Just walk along and try NOT to think about your INTESTINES
being almost FORTY YARDS LONG!!

----- End forwarded message -----