[Tutor] Grabbing the member functions of an instance?

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:18:37 -0700 (PDT)

Out of curiosity, is there a better way of pulling out all the member
functions from an instance?  Here's what I have so far:

###
## Python must have something like this already... but I can't recall
## it at the moment.  *sigh*
def getBoundMembers(myinstance):
    """Returns all the member functions in a dictionary.

Note: it does not yet look at inherited methods."""
    dict = {}
    myclass = myinstance.__class__
    for member_name in myclass.__dict__.keys():
        dict[member_name] = getattr(myinstance, member_name)
    return dict
###

I'm planning to use this function with a small toy game I'm making; as
soon as I get it working, I'll be a happy person.  *grin*

Thanks for any help!