[Tutor] Building custom widget (was: (no subject))

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 00:00:04 -0700 (PDT)

> yes I can, specifically Im trying to put several pie charts in a
> window, that can be sized and moved about as the user wants. (at least
> by changing a value or two) as of now, I can do this by defining a
> function that makes the piechart on a canvas which is put in a frame,
> which is then put in a grid by the grid geometry manager. however, the
> powers that be tell me it would be fantastic if I could do this by
> skipping the nasty canvas to frame thing altogether, and create a
> piechart widget (or class or something like that), which I could

By the way, there's a pie chart generator called 'Graphite': perhaps you
can make use of it to generate your pie charts without even fiddling with
Tkinter widgets:

    http://Graphite.sourceforge.net

Another useful graphics module is called PIDDLE:

    http://piddle.sourceforge.net

which Graphite appears to work with.  Both work nicely with Tkinter, so
play with it and see if it fits your needs.