[Tutor] An IDLE introduction

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:24:31 -0500

Nice. I find having screenshots is a real comfort when you are starting
out - one picture worth a thousand words and all that. Keep going. I think
this is a very useful thing to have in the tutor arsenal.

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech
"I am, therefore I think."

-----Original Message-----
From: tutor-admin@python.org [mailto:tutor-admin@python.org]On Behalf Of
Danny Yoo
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 2:50 AM
To: tutor@python.org
Subject: [Tutor] An IDLE introduction

Hiya everyone,

I'm starting to write up a small IDLE introduction for people who're just
starting Python.  As it is, it's really, really rough.  I haven't finished
writing in the comments, it still needs more image-captures, and all the
writing needs to be rewritten for clarity.

Still, I wanted to see if this sort of thing would be useful for people.
Here's the web link (still disconnected from my main site):

    http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!