[Tutor] Python and web scripting

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:09:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Brad Chandler wrote:

> Does one actually write programs in Python when using Zope?  I've looked at
> Zope briefly, but it looked overly complicated for simple web scripting and
> I could never wrap my mind around how it was supposed to work.

Yes, you can write Zope apps directly in Python, but it's not a trivial
process. I suspect that some of the PHP-like packages are simpler
initially. Of course, using Zope gives you much more power than simply
scripting in Python. Like anything else, you have to weigh your needs
vs. the complexity of the solution.

That said, it's pretty simple to set up some pretty cool Web apps with
Python. Check out the Zope book at http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.org