[Tutor] Exper. with pykde?

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:40:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Willi Richert wrote:

> since thekompany.com is down for some time now, do you know, where I can
> download the pykde package (RPM?).

thekompany.com seems to be back up for me; can you check to see if it
works now?

    http://www.thekompany.com/projects/pykde/?dhtml_ok=0

There's a link to rpms from rpmfind.net:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/ASP/blackcat-linux/6.2/tools/i386/PyKDE-0.10-3.i386.html

However, it might be better to download the source code instead: the rpm
appears to be a bit dated.

> Does anybody have experience with this library?

I haven't touched pykde before.  However, there are some good resources
out there.  For example:

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~bsarempt/python/resources.html

and

    http://developer.kde.org/language-bindings/python/index.html

will be really helpful.  You may want to talk with the kde developers as
well: they'll definitely have more experience with this sort of
stuff.  They have several mailing lists set up here: