[Tutor] Please send messages only to the list.

Sheila King sheila@thinkspot.net
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:21:02 -0700

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:17:12 -0500, "Rob Andrews" <rob@jam.rr.com>
wrote about Re: [Tutor] Please send messages only to the list.:

:> I am getting pretty tired of getting two(2) copies of all the
:> messages on tutor relating to threads I started.  I _am_ on the list,
:> guys.  If all of you could only send messages to the list, not to me
:> personally, that would be very appreciated.
:>
:
:I'm sure no ill is intended by it. The default "reply to" points to the
:sender, and respondents have to actually remember to add the list itself to
:the reply fields.

Well, either that. Or some people use the "Reply To All" feature to get
around the limitation that "Reply To" only replies to the sender.
However, "Reply To All" will reply to the list AND the sender. This
means, to reply to the list only, you have to edit out the author's
e-mail address.

Having been a member of this list for several months (and being a member
of quite a number of other lists), it seems to me that this list's
culture indicates most subscribers use the "Reply To All" and that
everyone more or less accepts that they get two replies.

I've learned to live with it. No biggie.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/